JOIN US FOR THE 15TH ANNUAL ENTREPRENEUR SUMMIT
On Friday, November 2, 2018, business owners from across the region will present and discuss entrepreneurial issues in a full day of speakers and workshops focused on entrepreneurial inspiration. The 15th annual Carole Moore McLeod Entrepreneur Summit will be held in Plemmons Student Union on the campus of Appalachian State University. This is an opportunity for students of all majors and community members to meet, network and learn from successful entrepreneurs.
|8:15 a.m. Breakfast & Check-in||12:30 p.m. VIP Luncheon: Ryan Kirby|
|9:00 a.m. Welcome||2:00 p.m. Afternoon Speaker: Google|
|9:30 a.m. Morning Speaker: No Evil Foods||3:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions|
|10:30 a.m. Morning Speaker: Charleston Forge||4:30 p.m. Networking|
|11:30 a.m. Keynote Address: Enactus||5:00 p.m. BIG IDEA Pitch Competition|
NOTE: The Entrepreneur Summit begins in the Grandfather Mountain Ballroom in Plemmons Student Union on the Appalachian State University campus.
OVERVIEW OF THE DAY
No Animals Were Harmed in the Making of this Startup: From farmer's market to factory – how blind faith and stubborn determination led to the creation of one the most disruptive brands in the competitive plant-based meat category.
Sadrah Schadel, Co-Founder of No Evil Foods
30 years a Startup - Forging success in the High Country: Charleston Forge is not a "dream come true" story. It is the successful result of recognizing an opportunity and pursuing that opportunity with a passion. Art and Susan Barber plan to share a perspective that has helped them build and rebuild a successful business.
Art and Susan Barber, Founders of Charleston Forge
Building a Sustainable World through Entrepreneurial Action: Business can be a force for good and students around the world are proving it every day. Enactus is engaging the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders to use innovation and business principles to improve the world, and now Enactus is at Appalachian. Come check it out!
Rachael Jarosh, Global Enactus President and CEO
Follow Your Art: Ryan Kirby is following his passion and building a thriving business with a paintbrush and a laptop.
Ryan Kirby: The artist. The brand. The studio. #wildlyoriginal
Google Comes to the Mountain: A solid website is critical, but it is no longer enough. Gain the knowledge you need to establish a successful online presence. Google is in the house!
Demming Bass, Google
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
This year's Entrepreneur Summit has tons of breakout sessions to choose from!
- You Have Started a Business! What's Next?, Brian Greer, Sandra Williams and Chad Smith; Lifestore
- Turning Passion into Profits, Josiah Davis, Local Lion
- Legal Aspects of Entrepreneurship, Tyler Moffatt, Moffatt and Moffat, PLLC
- Accounting 101 for Startups, April Lambert, Accounting Studio
- Demystifying Website Tracking, Boomer Sassman, Big Boom Design
- Funding Options for Startups, Chris Grasinger, Mountain Bizworks
- Digital Marketing for Customer Engagement, Jessica Stansberrry, jessicastansberry.com
- Nonprofits are Businesses too!, Crystal Kelly, The Children's Council of Watauga County
- Six Steps in Creating a Winning Social Media Strategy, Kara Tanenbaum, Founder Podsquad Production Services
- Nation Building: Podcasting and Community Building from Scratch, Josh Brown, Knockahoma Nation